Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm baaaaaack!

After a crazy week without a computer (can you believe it?!), I am back. A couple of Benjamins on a new logic board (on a 5 year old computer!) later, I am relieved... because J threatened to make the Windows switch if it were any more expensive, and that is not something I'm ready for! I am known to kill Windows machines within a year. No bueno.

Anyway, there is a ton to catch up on and I don't even know where to start! We've had a couple of very fun and productive weeks. Right as my computer crashed, J and I had just gotten back from a mini-vacation to Banner Elk, NC. It was much needed and such a great trip. The first day was dreary and rainy, but we had already planned to go to the movies while we were there (something that we have done maybe twice since Will was born!) so it worked out.

We also went to an AMAZING restaurant while we were there- it is the 1861 Farmhouse and Winery.  As serious foodies, it is often hard to find great places to eat in small towns. Whenever we plan a vacation, it is around FOOD. We were seriously impressed- except, I wasn't too thrilled about the drive that it took to get there. It is in Valle Crucis and we were driving from Banner Elk- if you've ever been, you know it is about 10 miles of ridiculously curvy roads, and it was DARK and foggy. I never felt so close to dying- I would go again, but only in the daylight! It is in a great location if you are ever in the area, right across from the (original) Mast General Store.



The Winery/Bed and Breakfast that we stayed was Banner Elk Winery- last time we went was with J's mom and dad on his 21st birthday. It was lovely as usual! The place is amazing, the rooms are beautiful, the food is top notch. 
A picture of the Inn from the Winery- stolen from my MILs pics from our last trip! 
On our way out of town on the last day of our trip, we planned a small hiking trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway- it is around mile marker 272. It was to see Cascade Falls, and some super old cabins in the area. It was a really cool hike, and beautiful waterfall. 









No comments:

Post a Comment